Why Should I Get a Criminal Justice Certificate in Oklahoma?
With certificate-level training in criminal justice, you can work in some of the most in-demand justice careers in Oklahoma.
This is a particularly good time to take advantage of continuing education opportunities, since Oklahoma just voted to pass a major criminal justice reform bill (KFOR, 2016). This bill reclassifies some minor offenses, works toward the goal of rehabilitation over incarceration, and allows courts to treat addiction and mental health issues instead of going straight to incarceration.
Discover what opportunities are available in Oklahoma.
Request information from criminal justice certificate programs today.
What Kind of Criminal Justice Certificates are Available in Oklahoma?
If you do not yet have a Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree, you may be interested in technical certificate programs that focus on specific career paths. If you have a Bachelor's degree, a post-baccalaureate certificate could take your skills to the next level.
A post-Master's certificate is a great option for those who have graduate degrees and want to update their skills for new career paths and technologies.
Security Guard Technical Certificate Requirements (30 credits)
- Preparing for Armed Conflict
- In this course, you build the skills you need to respond to armed and dangerous trespassers.
- Firearms Fundamentals
- Learn how to use and store firearms safely, while learning how to de-escalate situations so that firearm usage may not be necessary.
- Countering Aggressive Tactics
- Students in this class learn techniques for handling aggressive suspects, protecting themselves, and calling for assistance to avoid escalating a situation.
- Tactical First Aid
- This class covers basic first aid, which you may use if you or a coworker suffers a minor wound while working.
Public Safety Technical Certificate Requirements (24 credits)
- EMT Basic Skills
- Learn and practice the skills required for emergency medical technicians.
- Management of Conflict
- In this class, find out how to manage and minimize conflict as a police officer.
- Emergency Response Techniques
- This course ensures that you have the knowledge you need to remain calm in the face of an emergency situation and respond appropriately.
Police Science Technical Certificate Requirements (34 credits)
- Law Enforcement and Police Procedures
- Start to develop your understanding of law enforcement procedures and find out how these procedures are used in a variety of situations and settings.
- Crime Scene Photography
- Learn how to take clear, usable crime scene photos that can be used as evidence after a crime occurs.
- Investigation and Interview
- Find out how to interview crime suspects in a way that maximizes their willingness to cooperate while being respectful of their constitutional rights.
- Police Records and Reports
- Learn how to create and edit police records, reports, and other documents.
What Can I Do With a Criminal Justice Certificate in Oklahoma?
A certificate in criminal justice may leave you with a clear career path, since this type of degree is extremely focused. With a background in security training, you may work as a security guard for businesses, entertainment venues, individuals, or other businesses. Job openings for security guards are expected to swell 12% by the year 2024 (O*Net, 2016). Security guards claim an average income of $28,110 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016).
As a police officer, you may serve a large city in Oklahoma or a more rural or suburban community. Statewide, the average salary is $43,710 annually (BLS, 2016). A 15% increase in job openings is expected by 2024 (O*Net, 2016).
If your certificate includes training in courtroom procedures, you may choose to become a bailiff. The primary job of the bailiff is to maintain order during court proceedings. Their average income in Oklahoma is $38,670 per year (BLS, 2016).
It's time to explore your potential in the field of criminal justice.
Make your move now and request information from criminal justice programs in Oklahoma.
Online programs may not be available in all areas
Featured Schools Accepting Students from Across the US:
Online programs may not be available in all areas
Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
Computer Forensics Certificate
Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
Cyber Network Defense Certificate
Cyber Operations Certificate
Cyber Policy Certificate
Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
Certificate - Public Safety
Career Training - Criminal Justice Officer, Career Training - Security Guard Training - Phase 1 Basic, Career Training - Security Guard Training - Phase 4 Firearms
Certificate - Criminal Forensics, Certificate - Pre-Law Enforcement
Graduate Certificate - Forensic Examination of Questioned Documents (online)
Certificate - Law and Justice Option
Certificate of Proficiency - Criminal Justice - Police Science
Career Training - Court Reporter