Why Should I Get a Criminal Justice Certificate in Arkansas?
If you want to get involved in the field of criminal justice, finding the right degree for your intended career path is essential.
A certificate may give you the chance to start your career quickly and start getting experience. Technical certificates are an excellent alternative to an Associate’s degree for students who do not have any postsecondary education.
If you’ve been waiting for the right time to start your criminal justice career, learn more about your options now. Arkansas Labor Market Information reports that firefighters are in the list of top 10 jobs that require some postsecondary training (2016). They indicate that Arkansas is in the middle of significantly increasing job openings at the local, state, and federal levels of government.
Find out how you can propel your career forward with a criminal justice certificate. Get in touch with Arkansas schools today.
What Kind of Criminal Justice Certificates are Available in Arkansas?
There are two main types of certificates to consider as a criminal justice student.
The first is a technical certificate. Most programs fall into this category. These programs are shorter than Associate’s degree programs in most cases, and they do not require prior postsecondary education.
The other option is a post-Master’s certificate, which allows Master’s degree graduates to build on their skills with a short and in-depth training program. Some of these programs allow you to earn your criminal justice certificate online.
Compare your technical certificate options below.
Crime Scene Investigation Certificate Requirements
- 40 credits
- Recovery of Human Remains
- An overview of how criminal justice professionals uncover, move, and analyze human remains
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
- Techniques and theories used to analyze bloodstains and figure out what they mean
- Management of Evidence and Recovery
- Overseeing evidence recovery jobs and ensuring that evidence is properly stored and labeled
- Crime Scene Digital Photography
- A look at digital photography techniques used in the photography of crime scenes and evidence
Law Enforcement Administration Certificate Requirements
- 40 credits
- Field Training for Law Enforcement Professionals
- Hands-on experience in various law enforcement settings and situations
- Crisis Negotiations
- How to remain calm in a crisis and carefully negotiate with suspects and criminals.
- Narcotics Investigation
- Procedures for conducting narcotics investigations and working with suspects who may be under the influence
- Field Sobriety Testing
- Tips for conducting sobriety tests while on patrol
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Certificate Requirements
- 30 credits
- Real Estate Law
- An in-depth look at real estate law in Arkansas and how lawyers defend their clients when contracts are breached
- Wills, Estates, and Trusts
- The development, editing, and execution of wills and trusts
- Computers in Legal Settings
- An overview of computer applications and programs that are used in legal offices and courtrooms
- Legal Ethics
- The ethics and moral standards that should guide your work as a paralegal or legal assistant
Police Training Certificate Requirements
- 35 credits
- Case File Preparation
- How to create case files for new cases and add to existing files
- Community Oriented Policing
- An overview of the trend of community oriented policing, which ensures that police officers are part of the community they serve
- Domestic Violence
- The identification of domestic violence, domestic violence trends and statistics, and programs that assist victims of abuse
- Crime Investigation
- Laws, standards, and statutes that guide a police officer’s role in criminal investigations
What Can I Do With a Criminal Justice Certificate in Arkansas?
Since there are certificate programs in so many areas of criminal justice, you may have many options when it comes to your career path.
Those who graduate from legal assisting and paralegal programs may find work at a local law firm, nonprofit organization, or government agency. The average salary for a paralegal in Arkansas is $39,220 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). Between 2014 and 2024, job openings for paralegals may increase 15% (O*Net, 2016).
If you choose a certificate in criminal investigation, you may find work as a forensic lab technician, a role that claims an average salary of $40,740 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). O*Net expects job openings to increase 33% by 2024 (2016).
With training in policing or law enforcement, you may become a police officer. In Arkansas, the average salary for a police officer is $37,330 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). A 13% boost in job openings may occur by the year 2024 (O*Net, 2016).
Not only can a criminal justice certificate change the future of your career, it can actually improve life in your community and make it a safer place to live.
Explore Arkansas training options by contacting criminal justice certificate programs today.
Online programs may not be available in all areas
Featured Schools Accepting Students from Across the US:
Online programs may not be available in all areas
Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
Computer Forensics Certificate
Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
Cyber Network Defense Certificate
Cyber Operations Certificate
Cyber Policy Certificate
Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
Certificate of Proficiency - Crime Scene Investigation, Certificate of Proficiency - Law Enforcement Administration, Police Certificate - Basic Police Training, Technical Certificate - Crime Scene Investigation, Technical Certificate - Fire Science, Technical Certificate - Law Enforcement Administration
Diploma in Security and Investigation Specialist
Certificate of Proficiency - Criminal Justice
Certificate - Criminal Justice, Technical Certificate - Criminal Justice
Certificate - Legal Secretarial
Certificate - Criminal Justice
Certificate - Crime Scene Investigation, Certificate - Law Enforcement
Certificate of Proficiency - Crime Scene Investigation, Certificate of Proficiency - Law Enforcement Administration, Technical Certificate - Crime Scene Investigation, Technical Certificate - Law Enforcement Administration