Scholarship Terms, Conditions and Eligibility Rules
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Any and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO THE PROMOTION DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Scholarship Sponsor and Payment: The total amount of the scholarship to be awarded by Thruline Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Criminal Justice Programs, 15500 W. 113th St., Suite 200, Lenexa, KS 66219 (“Sponsor”) is $1,000. The scholarship will be paid subject to the requirements of paragraph 4, below, to a state-licensed United States education provider of the Scholarship Recipient’s choice (the “Institution”) upon completion by Scholarship Recipient, and receipt by the Sponsor, of all required scholarship documentation. Payment will be made to the Institution no later than four (4) months after the start of the Scholarship Recipient’s educational program provided, however, that the Sponsor may delay this payment until it has received any additional information or documentation that may be required from the Scholarship Recipient.
- Drawings: Scholarship drawings will be held no less frequently than annually, and no more frequently than monthly, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each scholarship drawing will be made from eligible applications (see paragraphs 3 and 6, below) received within the appropriate application period. Each scholarship drawing is a separate and severable event and only one (1) entry per person, per application period is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to set the date(s) and method of payment to the Institution. The scholarship is not transferable to any other person or entity.
- Eligibility: This scholarship program is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application, or who had the express consent of their parent/legal guardian at the time of application, and who are planning to enroll in an Institution in the United States. A Scholarship Recipient must enroll in an Institution of his or her choice within one (1) year of the date the he or she is notified of winning the scholarship, and subsequently maintain such enrollment throughout the entire period necessary to complete the required degree or licensure curriculum (“Program Term”). Scholarship applications must be complete and accurate to the best of applicant’s knowledge and belief. The application must be in English. Applicants must timely submit the completed scholarship application, short answer questions, and video entry (if applicable) to be considered. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify scholarship submissions that include video entries that are deemed, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be lewd, pornographic, false, doctored, enhanced, offensive, infringing, not in keeping with the image of Sponsor, or inappropriate in any manner. Video entries are considered part of the Application and, if submitted, should be of the best quality possible.
- Termination: Should the Scholarship Recipient’s enrollment at such Institution terminate before the end of the Program Term for any reason, any unused portion of the scholarship shall be forfeited by Scholarship Recipient and returned to the Sponsor.
- Scholarship Recipient: The Scholarship Recipient must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Scholarship Acceptance Form within thirty (30) days of notification. The scholarship award shall be payable for Scholarship Recipient’s benefit directly to the Institution, contingent on submission of proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, of enrollment and a confirmation of attendance at the Institution. If a Scholarship Recipient fails to attend the Institution within one (1) year of notification of winning, the prize award and all its benefits will be forfeited. The scholarship will also be forfeited, and an alternate recipient may be selected if the Scholarship Recipient cannot be notified, fails to respond to the prize notification within fifteen (15) days, is ineligible, or fails to timely return the completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Scholarship Acceptance Form, upon Sponsor’s request. Failure or refusal to comply with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate recipient.
- Application Deadline and Process: The process to access and apply for the scholarship to be awarded can be found at https://www.criminaljusticeprograms.com/financial-aid/call-to-serve/ and https://www.criminaljusticeprograms.com/scholarship-terms/. The deadline time for each scholarship offering is 11:59 p.m. Central Time (“CT”). Sponsor’s computer system shall act as the official clock of this scholarship. Scholarship application deadlines and Scholarship Recipient announcement dates are subject to change. Online applications will be deemed made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address. An Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any attempt by an applicant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void that applicant’s entries and that applicant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Applicants must provide all requested information in order to be considered. Incomplete applications, multiple applications, automated applications, and computer-aided or computer-generated script applications are void and ineligible. Once an application has been submitted, it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified.
- Selection of Scholarship Recipients: The scholarship drawings will occur within ten business days following the application deadline. Submissions will be narrowed to eligible applications and a Scholarship Recipient will be selected based on the selection criteria identified on the scholarship page. The Sponsor’s determination of the winning Recipient is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. All applicants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Official Rules, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Official Rules.
- Odds of Winning: The Odds of becoming a Scholarship Recipient will vary with each drawing and will depend on the number of qualified entries received during the appropriate application period. The Sponsor reserves the right to use another means to determine the Scholarship Recipient, such as random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All Scholarship Recipient selection decisions are final.
- Grant of Rights to Application. By submitting an Application, the applicant unconditionally and irrevocably grants a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to Sponsor and its successors or assigns to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the Application for any purpose now and hereafter as they so desire. By submitting an Application, applicant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such Application in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Application alone or in combination with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor, in commerce and trade and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without limitation or compensation to the applicant and without right of notice, review, or approval of any such use of the Application.
- Miscellaneous: The Sponsor reserves the right to photograph and/or make recording of the Scholarship Recipient and to use said reproductions of the Scholarship Recipient’s physical likeness and/or recordings in connection with publicity efforts regarding the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s scholarship program. Each Applicant grants to the Sponsor, and those acting with Sponsor’s authority, the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, for Sponsor’s commercial, promotional or other purposes, Applicant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, the scholarship application and all related materials, including, without limitation, any photograph, film, video or audio file that was submitted by Applicant or may be taken of Applicant (collectively, the “Content”), with no further payment or compensation, consideration, or notice or permission to Applicant or to any third party, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media whatsoever now known or later developed without territorial or time limitations. Scholarship Recipient need not be present at drawing to win. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Scholarship Recipient. The Scholarship Recipient must provide his or her social security number or taxpayer identification number for tax reporting purposes. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the Sponsor, and its respective distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, or their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each), and those living in the same household of each, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY OR WIN.
- Interpretation of Rules/Provisions: The Sponsor is the sole interpreter of these rules. By participating, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Void where prohibited by law: THE SCHOLARSHIP IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- General Conditions: The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the scholarship; to violate these Official Rules; or to act in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person with respect to the scholarship. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries. The Sponsor may modify the scholarship or suspend the scholarship to address any impairment, by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Scholarship and then resume the scholarship in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Scholarship, neither Sponsor nor its affiliates are responsible for the actions of applicants or other individuals, including attempts by applicants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Scholarship. The Sponsor has the right to terminate the scholarship at any time and without notice. For any feedback or questions regarding the application process or the Scholarship you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: email@example.com.
- Internet Conditions: The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any entries in the scholarship that are not properly entered due to data corruption or otherwise not received correctly, not received on time or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to applicant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the scholarship. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular in any way, or that contain false information, have been submitted through illicit or fraudulent means or by any means which subvert or attempt to subvert or game the entry process, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be void. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship in the event that the scholarship is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the scholarship. Proof of submitting an Application will not be deemed receipt of such Application by Sponsor.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED ENTITIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY APPLICANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP OR IN ANY SCHOLARSHIP RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, BANKRUPTCY OR TERRORISM AND WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP, EACH APPLICANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED ENTITIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE AT https://www.criminaljusticeprograms.com/ OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO APPLICANT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US $100). THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION 16 DOES NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this scholarship represents and warrants to Thruline Marketing, Inc. as follows: (i) the application, including the written response submission is the applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iii) the submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of applicant hereunder.
- DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: By entering the scholarship, applicant, agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, controversies and/or causes of action arising out of or related to this scholarship, the Official Rules, and/or the prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration TO TAKE PLACE IN LENEXA, KANSAS AND to be administered in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules followed by the American Arbitration Association. All determinations as to the scope, enforceability, and effect of this arbitration provision shall be submitted to the arbitrator. Any judgment or award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; (b) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the scholarship. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the applicant and the Sponsor in connection with the scholarship, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
- Severance: If any particular provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed unenforceable or invalid, it shall not affect the other provisions hereof and the Official Rules shall be constructed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) was omitted.
- Entire Agreement These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Sponsor and Applicant and these Official Rules supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Sponsor and Applicant regarding the Application and Scholarship. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Official Rules invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Official Rules will remain in full force and effect.
By submitting an Application, the Applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. If Applicant doesn’t agree to these Official Rules, do not submit an Application.